Thursday 29 January 2009

Travel agent set to fly

By Kylie McIntosh

Brisbane mother of one, Katy Dawson has been a travel consultant with a large travel agency for 12 years. Last week Katy resigned. She was fed up with the fact that her workplace wasn’t flexible enough to allow her time to enjoy her three-year-old daughter.

“After 12 years of loyal, dedicated service I decided to take things into my own hands and start working from home,” Katy said.

“I’m going to set up my own travel consultancy business so I can work around my daughter.”

Katy researched several travel agencies that provide people working from home access to a commission-based travel business. Under this arrangement Katy will be provided with a 60 per cent commission – some pay up to 90 per cent. And the travel company will also provide marketing assistance and some administration help.

“Once I get things up and running I should be able to make enough money to pay my bills. But the main thing is that I can spend quality time with my daughter and work in the industry I know and love,” Katy said.

To find out more about travel businesses that franchise out consultancy work you would have to research individual agencies. For starters you could try:

www.Travel.com.au

www.travelworld.com.au

www.EscapeTravel.com.au

www.FlightCentre.com.au

http://www.harveyworld.com.au/AboutUs.aspx

No comments:

Post a Comment